- Nøgne Ø is cutting back on the import side of their business, which means there are new distributors for breweries like Mikkeller.
- Schouskjelleren brewer John Hudson is moving on after two years, an Italian brewer will take his place.
- John will be brewing at Nydalen Bryggeri og Spiseri also in Oslo, an offshot from Amundsen Bryggeri og Spiseri. A brewpub, but they will also brew keg beers and plan to bottle beers as well. They aim to open in May.
- Lots of new beers at Crowbar in Oslo, there seems to be a new of their own brews on every week. Right now there is an interesting series of experimental IPAs.
- ABC brewing, the gypsy brewery from the west coast of Norway, now has more of a national distribution. Their first beers are on tap at Schouskjelleren now.
- Interesting to see that most new bars and restaurants in Oslo now boast of their broad range of beers.
Some beer news from Norway
March 8, 2013 by knutalbert