The White Horse on Parson’s Green, London, has a Belgian beer festival starting today. 15 Belgian Cask ales. They promise:
• Pure unfiltered lambic in cask from the Oud Beersel and Bockor breweries.
• Alvinne Podge Stout, Gouyasse Tradition, Barbar Honey and ten other Belgian beers all in cask
• Bellegem Oude Bruin, St.Bernardus Prior, Tripel and 12 on draught
• Oud Beersel’s Bersalis Kadet on draught for the first time ever outside Belgium
• Budvar Yeast beer, another first in the UK for The White Horse
If you hang on until the third week of October, London is still the place to be. The Rake in Borough Market has a lambic festival with the following on cask:
- Hanssens oude lambic
- Hanssens kriekenlambic
- Cantillon jonge lambic
- Cantillon oude lambic
- Cantillon kriekenlambic
- Cantillon framboisenlambic
- Lindemans oude lambic
- Boon 1yr lambic
- Boon 2yr lambic
- Boon 3yr lambic
- Boon framboisenlambic
- Girardin oude lambic
- Girardin kriekenlambic
- Drie fonteinen oude lambic
- Drie fonteinen kriekenlambic
Too sour for you?
Go to Stockholm. Sure, they have a number of festivals, including a showcase for Swedish micros. But what impressed me the most is that Monks Cafe in Stockholm offers 453 American beers, starting tomorrow. Four hundred and fifty three. From 79 breweries. And their ordinary beer list is mighty impressive, too. Have a look at their beer list, and bring your credit card!